Who/What Is Tithe.ly?
Tithe.ly is a secure online giving website developed to help churches offer a secure, fast, and user-friendly (simple) electronic giving option.
Why Electronic Giving?
Buena Vista wants to offer a variety of ways for you to be able to contribute and submit your giving. In this modern age; with great advances in technology; more and more consumers pay bills and shop online.
In addition, in lieu of the current and sudden onset of circumstances due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are offering different methods to give. As a result, Buena Vista has chosen to make electronic giving available to those who are interested.
Online giving is through Tithe.ly which directly interfaces with our financial system and your contribution record.
As a reminder; you can click on the green GIVE button on the page titled Giving or you can also click here:
Are there additional ways that I can give/donate/make my contribution? Yes, there are multiple options. Please review the options below to determine the method that works best for you.
• Drop cash or check in the weekly offering in the service. (Please note: Due to the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19); all in-person worship services are on hold temporarily, until further notice).
• Mail checks or money orders to the Church PO Box (see the address below). Be sure to include your name and address so that donation credit may be provided for tax purposes. Please do not mail cash. Buena Vista Church of Christ Attention: Eddie Parrish P.O. Box 281795 Nashville, TN 37228
• Another option is to bring your contribution directly to the church. If you prefer to do this, please call Bro. Eddie Parrish at (615) 335-6844 to coordinate a time to meet at the building.
• Lastly, you can also give/contribute via your bank institution through Personal online banking and submit your chosen monetary amount to Buena Vista Church of Christ. Contribute directly through your personal bank account. This feature keeps you in control of scheduling automated electronic or paper check contributions directly from your personal checking or savings account. Contact your banking institution to initiate online giving. The church's mailing address is: 2520 Buena Vista Pike Nashville, TN 37218.
Other Helpful Information:
• Is It Wrong To Give With A Credit Card?
The technology that permits online transactions via debit cards also permits giving via credit cards and makes no distinction between the two. We strongly suggest that no one give their contribution or gift on their credit card unless they are able to pay it off each month. But, if you intend to pay off your balance each month we believe that is an issue of conscience and leave that between you and God. Giving by electronic check (called ACH by providing your bank's routing number and account number) is also an option with lower fees than credit or debit card transactions.
• Will My Transaction Be Secure?
Giving online in this manner is completely secure and private. Buena Vista Church of Christ does not store or receive any account information. Our online giving system complies with PCI compliance standards as defined by the Payment Card Industry. If you have any questions about this process please contact our Treasurer, Bro. Eddie Parrish, (615) 335-6844.
• Why Is It Better To Give Through My Bank Account Than Through My Debit Or Credit Card?
Companies who process Debit and Credit Card transactions charge a percentage of the transaction amount in fees. The fees charged for Electronic checks (also called ACH by providing your bank's routing number and account number) processed from your checking or savings account are significantly less (2.9% + 30 cents for each transaction), so more of your money goes to ministry.
• Isn't Using My Debit Card The Same As Selecting The Checking Account Option?
No. Though these two options accomplish the same thing (that is, transfer your gift from your bank account to the church), they go about it differently. The debit card transaction is processed like a credit card, so credit card fees are deducted from your gift amount before the funds get deposited into the Buena Vista account.
• Can I choose to cover processing fees?
Yes. Just click the button next to "Cover card processing fees" and the system will tell you how much the fees are and increase your gift by that amount.
Thank you for your commitment and faithfulness to God! Your contributions assist Buena Vista with overhead and operational expenses, but even more so, your contributions help us to minister to others and carry the message and will of God forward in faith!